Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Home Sweet Home

JW Illustrations has THE cutest clip art bundle called "Home Sweet Home".  I just love the trendy color combo and the fun images.  For this project, I decided to do a card that would be perfect to give to a new homeowner or someone that just moved to a new house.


See the dimension?


I printed out 3 images and cut and pieced it together to create a nice dimension.  On one of the images, I cut out the front door and layered the piece without the door on top to make the door appear to be a little sunken - kind of a reverse 3D I guess!

Inside I stamped a simple "Congratulations".  You could add any handwritten sentiment to that to fit the exact occasion.  I layer the white card stock just like I did on the front.


Next I used the same image and printed out some address labels.  I used my own name and address on these, since we just moved and I needed some myself!  But, as soon as one of my good friends (hi candy!) moves, she'll be getting these beauties!  I made a little matchbook type holder for the labels.



As you can see, I tied a ribbon around the front of the card, so I just used the ribbon on the inside to tuck the matchbook of labels in so they stay put.


Here's a shot of the card and labels together.  I just LOVE Love love these colors!


A few more details that you may not have noticed is the little flower pot.  I cut it out to layer on, tied a little silver cord around it and added some crystal effects to make it shiny.  The little flower is just one that I had and I added a little turquoise brad in the middle.  (You can click on any of the images to see them larger)

Another fun little technique that I did was to use the micro beads some of the shingles.  I love those micro beads!  It's been so long since I used them.....I use to bead EVERYTHING!!  lol!  I just cut out a few random shingles and added the red lined tape and then smushed them in the beads - in this case, I used the clear ones.  Cute, right?!


Click here to see the other images in this clip art bundle.  I hope you enjoyed the project today! 

I linked my project to Tip Junkie - Tip Me Tuesday!  You can link up your project too!


I also added my link to Today's Creative blog.....add yours too!  She is also promoting an awesome deal on the Silhouette with a discount code.  Go check it out!




Remember it's still "Say It" Monday!  Any new comment will get a special gift from me!

Have a great week!

4 comments:

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

what a cute card--love all your additions, i.e., flower pot, address labels, etc.,--so neat and thoughtful and helpful to the new home owner!! I enjoy your blog.

Diane
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com
dianemoneygoolsby@yahoo.com

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Cute! Following from I Heart Naptime link party. Would love to have you link this up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now over on my blog {if you haven‘t already!}. Hope to see you there.

Ginger
gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

Allison @ little lovelies said...

I love this! This is a prefect little gift and the address labels are great!

Thanks so much for linking up!

Allison @ little lovelies said...

I am featuring this tomorrow on five things friday! Thanks so much for linking up!