Saturday, June 28, 2008
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Friday, June 20, 2008
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Thursday, April 24, 2008
This award is given to bloggers who share their art and creativity making their contribution to the blogging world. Here are the rules:
a. Choose five blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.
b. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
c. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and the link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
d. Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
It was hard to choose, cause I admire so many people in this world! But there were certainly a few that really stuck out in my mind. I have never met these people, but would love to! It's funny how you read the blogs and you get such a sense of their personalities just from their blogging and you feel like you do know them! If you were already chosen to receive these awards previously - well, you deserve to get them again! Here are my choices to receive the award -- everyone - take a bow! Drum roll please..................
1. Lori Craig - I love her whole attitude, her faith, and just the way she represents herself and even though I've never met her, I have great respect for her. Oh yeah, her stamping style is amazing too!
2. Cambria Turnbow - This girl is crazy! Her blog is so fun and full of energy - she seems like an amazing person and great fun to be around. Her style is her personality on paper! It's fun, bright, and sometimes kinda loud! ha ha!
3. Kristina Werner - Another really fun person! She has an amazing blog with endless ideas and creativity. Her style is beautiful, elegant, fun, classy, and colorful all wrapped in a simple package. She is teaching me that sometimes less is more!
4. Lisa Johnson - Lisa is someone that again, even though I've never met her, I have a lot of respect for her. She's a beautiful person that loves her family and I love when she shares pictures of them occasionally! She's an amazing designer that has blown me away numerous times with her ideas and creations.
5. Dawn McVey - I love her! She is so spunky and fun and it comes out in her projects and her blogging. She has a beautiful outlook on life that just oozes from her fingertips! She is another person that I admire as a person and as a designer. Her style is simple yet lacks nothing!
Friday, April 18, 2008
This is the case open. OOPS! Maybe I should've covered the back of the shapes too!
Stamps: Pick a Petal
Paper: Bayou Blue, Soft Sky
Inks: Bayou Blue
Other: Jumbo Eyelets, On Board Blossoms & Basics, Bayou Blue Double Stitched Ribbon
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Translated into Stampin' Up! colors, the challenge was: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Bashful Blue and Close to Cocoa.I came up with a 6 x 6 scrapbook page. I rarely do scrapbook pages, so I decided to double the challenge for myself! Here's what I came up with.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Friday, March 21, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
This is a butterfly paperclip tin that I got on clearance at Office Max. I bought every single one that they had! They have a magnet on the back so you can stick them on your fridge, your file cabinet or whatever. I used ribbon around it with some punched out flowers and circles and then used some punches and chip board shapes for the top. It was a fun and easy project - hey! How about I throw in a couple of these for the blog candy prize too? OK! So leave those comments! Feel free to browse around and look at my other projects that I have on here too - check back for more!