Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

My Time To Color Challenge 01

Another challenge done today! This one was really fun! It was a color challenge - we had to use the following colors, but I also used the bag as an inspiration to the design of my project.

I'm posting two photos, but the lighting is not very good on either! Sorry about that! (and I just noticed that I forgot to crop the second picture!)

My project is an altered journal - which is just a journal/notebook that I made my own cover for. I love these as gifts! I used my Pina Colada Simply Scrappin kit again (retired) because it had some of the colors and the flowers matched the design on the bag. One of the flowers is a rub on and I mounted some of the stickers on turqoise cardstock to pull in that color.

I used Craft ink for the background flourishes with clear emobossing powder. It didn't show up as well as I hoped on the dark cardstock, but it still worked! I also used chipboard letters that I colored with my Sharpie markers (LOVE my sharpie's!) and spelled out the "journal" on the front. It's hard to see in the pics, but I added a little bling to the center of all the flowers. It adds just enough sparkle to the project -- but then again, I don't think you can ever have TOO much of bling! {wink!} I like how some of the flowers are off the edge of the book. This is a great tip to do when you're doing a "collage" or lots of randomly placed images; it really makes it look balanced. Just fill in the space that you need and trim off the excess. If you look closely, you can see that the excess that I trimmed off the top left red flower, I added to the bottom left edge, so nothing was wasted!

That's it for today! I will have another project to post tomorrow, so remember to check back! Thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

Verda said...

The journal turned out just great with these colors. Very pretty and nicely done.

Dana Gustafson said...

Shona, very cute journal! Love all the great flower details...I thought it was patterned paper until I read your description. Awesome!

Karen said...

Great little journal! Love those flowers and I agree, there's always room for bling!! Guess who taught me that?! Dana!! (who posted just above me here :>:>) I'm so glas I have learned that lesson! :>