I started out with an Artichoke base and layered the top half with Sahara Sand, after I ran it through my wonderful Big Shot on the Damask Texturz plate. I did use a sponge and kind of "rub" a little chocolate ink on the Sand to kind of dirty it up a little and make it a little less stark. Then layered the bottom half with the Sage. I used a few different stamps from the "Wanted" set to make my own background paper. I used both Arthchoke and Chocolate ink on it - if you click to enlarge the picture, you may be able to see that better.
I stamped the horse image from the "Wanted" set on Vanilla using the Sahara Sand ink, and then stamped the saying from the "Best Wishes and More" set with Chocolate ink. I made the dust from the running horse by using a piece of scratch paper and making a template using different sized circle punches and then sponging Sand ink while moving it around a little. Here's what my template looked like:
Then I tied some of our yummy 5/8" Chocolate grosgrain ribbon around with a little lasso (our natural color hemp twine) tied in the knot.
I think that's about it! It was a fun challenge and I'm looking forward to the next one. Now that we're all moved and settled - notice I said "settled" and not "organized"!! - I think I'll be able to play a lot more. I also have my own stamp room now too!
Have a great weekend!