Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New Catalog Sneak Peeks!

As a demo, one of the perks is that we have a chance to pre-order some selected sets from the new catalog so we can have some fabulous samples ready to show our customers. The new catalog is really really great - I say that every time, but they outdo themselves with every catalog in my opinion! The set that I pre-ordered is a level 2 hostess set called Wings of Friendship. I just love the style of this set, it's a style that you'll see mimicked in several sets in the catalog. It's that great scrolly elegant look that lends itself to many different styles - elegant, whimsical, classical, and I've even see some great masculine cards with this style. Here are my cards -
I used a couple of different colors on my samples. Here's a closer look at the one using one of the new In Colors, Rich Razzleberry as the base of the card

Here's the one using Melon Mambo as the base
They both have the second layer of the new Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper. This paper has some really fun patterns on it. Using the DSP also gives you some really cool color combinations without any work at all! Often combos that you may not think to use on your own and any project will get pulled together nicely with a little of the DSP on it! I used to never buy the DSP because I don't do a lot of scrapbooking, but then I got a taste of how much using it simplifies making cards too!
Here are the directions:
The base of the card is 4x4.
The DSP layer is 3 3/4 x 3 3/4.
Adhere those layers together.
Wrap a ribbon around and tie either in a knot or bow. (I used the new Razzleberry Polka Dot)
The white layer is the glossy white, but just the whisper white would work also, it's 3 1/8 x 3 1/8. Of course stamped with your choice of image.
Punch out a scallop circle (I used the new Crushed Curry color).
Stamp your greeting and punch out using the wide oval punch. Attach it on the scallop circle.
Punch out a scallop square and cut it in half diagonally. Attach each half on each end of the oval.
It's that easy!! Very quick card.
Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: